Need expert HR advice but don't know where to turn? - Look no further!

Need expert HR advice but don't know where to turn? Look no further! Our objective is simple - we give you peace of mind that all your HR needs are taken care of, leaving you to get on with the important job of running your business.



As a director of this business, I have 20 years generalist HR experience working with a variety of industries, including the legal profession, creative media and manufacturing. You'll find lots of useful information on my blog and everything you need to know about my business on my website...just click the link to see more!

Monday 2 August 2010

So how would I like to spend my retirement?

This is a question I pondered whilst relaxing in a friend's hot tub in Glasgow last weekend. Now if your image of a hot tub was like mine - a tub full of hot water and some bubbles - let me tell you this is not the case! As I sank into the hot foamy water and the massage jets got to work on my back, shoulders, feet and neck I realised this was an experience I had not expected. As if the sumptuous food served that day by my friend and the delicious Chateauneuf du Pape I was now sipping were not enough, this took the weekend break to a whole new level!

So as I contemplated the Governments proposals to abolish the default retirement age (DRA) from October 2011 I realised there could be far worse ways to spend your retirement than relaxing with a good glass of red wine, a loved one or close friend/s in a hot tub - and once I cannot be forced to retire at 65 I'll have a longer working life to save up for the indulgence!

Click here for more information about the DRA and reaction to the proposals.

No comments:

Post a Comment