Need expert HR advice but don't know where to turn? - Look no further!

Need expert HR advice but don't know where to turn? Look no further! Our objective is simple - we give you peace of mind that all your HR needs are taken care of, leaving you to get on with the important job of running your business.



As a director of this business, I have 20 years generalist HR experience working with a variety of industries, including the legal profession, creative media and manufacturing. You'll find lots of useful information on my blog and everything you need to know about my business on my website...just click the link to see more!

Monday 13 February 2012

Are footballers above the law?

Employment law that is!

I can't be the only person who watched with disgust as Luis Suarez deliberately snubbed Patrice Evra by refusing to shake his hand ahead of the game at Old Trafford last Saturday.  I'm not a football supporter and was not aware of the eight match ban that Suarez had already served for racially abusing Patrice Evra last October but I was watching the news and my hackles were raised by the simple lack of common decency displayed by Suarez, so I started to take an interest.

Employment law covers issues of bullying, harassment and racism for a reason.  These players were doing their job, and are employed by the football clubs, so surely action should be taken to resolve this issue!?

I was pleased to see that both Suarez and the football club issued apologies the following day.  Call me cynical but I suspect this was only as a result of media coverage and public opinion, rather than a genuine apology.  If I was in Patrice Evra's football boots I would be thinking 'too little, too late'!

No comments:

Post a Comment